http://apathyisfun.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_apathyisfun_archive.html
moaning is music
11.01.2006
  decemberists on mfing halloween.

I had rehearsal so I was late... I went at like 9:20 and it started at 8, but I was told the only songs I missed of theirs were crane wife 3 and we both go down together. some people were dressed up, a few of them were decemberists-related so it was awesome, really great mood. the 'brists were dressed as ninjas. awesome. they did a couple swordfights on stage, too.

here's how it all went down (order's fuzzy) starting when I got there
gymnast high above the ground
the perfect crime
yankee bayonet
here I dream I was an architect (iirc he opened the song by saying, death to capital records!)
o valencia
legionnaire's lament
shankhill butchers
sixteen military wives
crane wife 1 and 2
sons and daughters (the rounds sound amazing with the entire building doing them)

encore:
red right ankle (solo)
cautionary tale (here they
next they did a costume contest, which was really hilarious. the best costume, which won, was a chimbley sweep. he got a gift certificate to the merch table. the others were a guy dressed as jackie kennedy, a crane, some pirates, a mermaid, and a shankhill butcher.
then they played 3 rem covers. i forget what they were. the "i am superman" song was one
then they played a medley of like at least 4 other covers, crosby stills nash and young was one of them, "lady be good" was another, I think one might have been the band, and I don't know what else.

all in all awesome show, I'm glad I got to go even though I was late

the only thing is I was a little underwhelmed by the setlist as a whole, no mariner's revenge OR chimbley sweep! it was a different venue so I was also underwhelmed by having the sound fill up a bigger space rather than have the music totally booming, which made the crane wife songs not that great (besides "the crane wives" themselves, they were awesome). also, they should've closed with one of their own songs or a well-known cover, they encore went on foreeeever and was anticlimactic.

blah blah blah
 
Comments:
the house the senate and the governors.
we must discuss the far-reaching implications some time.
 
Post a Comment
follow me on twitter
email: jarsilver@gmail.com
aim: synthpope
---
more me:
last.fm
myspace

archives
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 / 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 / 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 / 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 / 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 / 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 / 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 / 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 / 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 / 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 / 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 / 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 / 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 / 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 / 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 / 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 / 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 / 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 / 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 / 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 / 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 / 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 / 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 / 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 / 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 / 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 / 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 / 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007 / 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007 / 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007 / 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007 / 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 / 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008 / 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008 / 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 / 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008 / 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008 / 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008 / 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008 / 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008 / 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008 / 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009 / 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009 / 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009 / 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009 / 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009 / 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010 / 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010 / 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010 / 06/01/2011 - 07/01/2011 / 07/01/2011 - 08/01/2011 /

Powered by Blogger


currently listening to


jóhann jóhannsson - englabörn

okkervil river - the stand-ins

the teenagers - reality check

times new viking - rip it off

girl talk - feed the animals