link du jour
current music: jesus etc.
oh man this is great:
american atheist's FAQs"THEIST: Just what exactly is an Atheist?"
"If your questions are not asked with the specificity necessary to answer them, please be aware that we will correct you. An "Atheist" is not a "what." An "Atheist" is a person who has a lifestyle premised on the weltanschauung of materialism..."
"THEIST: I don't think you have answered me. I'll try again. What is Atheism?"
"Atheism is the accepted life style of Atheists."
"THEIST: I seem to be getting no place. The dictionary that I have here says "Atheist -- one who denies the existence of God." Now, answer me straight: Do you deny the existence of God?"
"Well, who wrote that definition in the dictionary? Atheists didn't. A theist supplied that definition, and it has almost nothing to do with Atheism."
"THEIST: You are not answering me. Do you believe in God?"
"When you ask any Atheist if he believes in god, you are putting up a first premise which says 'There is a god.'Then you ask the Atheist..."
"THEIST: Are you going to answer me or not? Do you believe in God?"
"Our question is do YOU believe in god?"
it just goes on like that. that's... not a FAQ at all. that's a conversation between two gigantic assholes